At 6 months, Ellie…
- Is the sweetest baby ever. If someone is talking to her or playing with her and I'm holding her, she grins and squeals and buries her head in my shoulder. Where do they learn this??
- Is loving all the yummy food we've been giving her for the last week or so. She's had avocado, squash, and peas and has scarfed them all down.
- Is still an AWESOME sleeper at night. She still goes to bed around 10:00 and usually wakes up on her own around 6:00 and plays in her crib until I go in to get her. This weekend she slept until 7:20 one morning and I skipped my normal 5:00 pumping session, so I got to lay in bed for 8 hours for the first time in 6 months!! Even though I was still awake at 5, it was amazing!
- Is still not a great napper on the weekends. This weekend we laid down together and took a 20 minute catnap. She had a VERY rough afternoon, complete with back-arched screaming and refusing to nurse, but after that little nap she was back to her normal grinning self.
- FINALLY rolled from her belly to her back the day before she turned 6 months old. She just needed Daddy to get down on the floor with her and show her how to do it.
- A few days after we finally yanked the "safety belt" that we've been fighting with for months out of the Bumbo seat, she learned to stiffen her whole body and stand up tall in the seat and lean backwards, where she almost tips it over. It's a great new trick.
- Is starting to sit on her own for longer stretches without falling over, as long as she doesn't reach for anything.
- Seems to love the Tractor Mac books (or any books!).
- Is such a blast at 6 months old. It is THE BEST.